Re: [dev] stali and static surf binary

From: Ersin Akinci <ersin.akinci_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 21:09:09 -0400

You're correct, my intentions are quite different and have nothing at all to
do with performance concerns. I'm trying to manifest a certain aesthetic
vision: I like the act of downloading static binaries and deleting them
without worrying about dependencies, complicated directory structures, etc.
stali's web page also implies that the goal isn't just completely focused on
performance, especially when you read the proposed directory structure
(i.e., "/proc: linux stuff").

Heh, yeah dillo would work, but really dillo isn't a solution. It's
admirable for what it is, but I need a full-featured, statically linked
browser. I figured that if anyone would know how to do that it would be the
stali dev(s). No idea if it's being actively maintained or not.

--
What Digital Revolution? -- www.whatdigitalrevolution.com
Thinking critically about digital worlds.