Re: [dev] [wmii] problem with wmiir xwrite /client/$client/ctl kill

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:37:57 -0400

On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:06:52 -0400
Alex Kilgore <adkilgore_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> In the latest tip, recently I have run into a problem where
> when I run wmiir xwrite /tag/sel/ctl kill in a terminal for example,
> wmii stops responding to any keypresses, but I can switch between
> already open windows with the mouse, though not much else.
> Any idea what is going on or how I might be able to troubleshoot the
> issue? Thanks,

Well, in general, you wouldn't write ‘kill’ to /tag/sel/ctl, because it
wouldn't do anything but report an error. Er, just read the subject,
though, in which case:

1) What rc are you using?
2) Try wmiir read /event from the commandline and see if your key
   presses are reported.

It's possible that your rc is catching some signal from whatever client
was killed, but I really couldn't say without more specifics.

--
Kris Maglione
A man's library is a sort of harem.