Re: [dev] [tabbed] options: bottom, right

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:09:13 +0100

Hey,

I don't know enough about the tabbed source to comment on most of
this. I would expect it to be a simple patch, though.

On 9 June 2010 08:12, ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org> wrote:
> While on this, I noticed dmenu uses the flag "-b" for this. Why was it
> decided to not make it an option in config.h?

A lot of dmenu's options are redundant in that way: -nb, -sf, etc. The
reason is simply that when people compile dwm they want dmenu to have
the same font and colour, and be at the top or bottom depending on
whether dwm's bar is, so dwm spawns dmenu with this bunch of options,
overriding dmenu's config.h...

My personal version of dmenu strips out all these options and leaves
it for compile-time, but most dwm users probably wouldn't want to do
that, I guess.

Maybe "topbar" should be added to dmenu's config.h too.

Thanks,
cls