Re: [dev] Re: [ANN] wmii 3.9.1 released

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:31:05 -0400

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:07:26PM +0200, David Engster wrote:
>Kris Maglione writes:
>> There's a bug in dash 0.5.6's job control where a SIGCHLD interrupts
>> the read loop, thereby killing wmiirc whenever a program exits. At any
>> rate, I'm taking a different tack, if anyone would like to test it:
>
>[...]
>
>> + ( Event $event "$@" )
>
>Event loop works for me again, but I'm still using dash 0.5.5, so I
>can't tell if it really circumvents that bug in 0.5.6.
>
>(Which distributions are stuck on that version, anyway? Dash 0.5.6.1 was
>released a few days ago, and Arch is updated in SVN.)

As it happens, it was fixed and 0.5.6.1 was released within a
day of me reporting the bug, and Arch picked it up within a day
of that. The odd thing is that, though the revision I found
pinpointed the bug to is one commit after the 0.5.5.1 tag,
the people who've reported the bug here have all been on 0.5.5.1
on debian. And, given debian's notoriously indolent release
cycle, it could be ages before the next update.

At any rate, the patch does solve the problem in an affected
revision for me, I'm just loathe to release yet *another* bug
fix release so soon without confirmation.

--
Kris Maglione
The camel has evolved to be relatively self-sufficient.  On the other