Re: [dev] Re: [ANN] wmii 3.9.1 released

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:59:59 -0400

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:57:09PM +0200, David Engster wrote:
>Kris Maglione writes:
>> As it happens, it was fixed and 0.5.6.1 was released within a day of
>> me reporting the bug, and Arch picked it up within a day of that. The
>> odd thing is that, though the revision I found pinpointed the bug to
>> is one commit after the 0.5.5.1 tag, the people who've reported the
>> bug here have all been on 0.5.5.1 on debian. And, given debian's
>> notoriously indolent release cycle, it could be ages before the next
>> update.
>
>Debian stable still has 0.5.4, so I guess those people must be running
>Testing/Sid? Well, then they're doomed anyway. In any case, they're not
>in a freeze yet (and that bug should be release-critical anyway), so
>this should be fixed rather sooner than later since it's their new
>default shell, but you never know...

The fact is that you never know with the debian packagers. I'm
really getting to dislike them. At any rate, I don't know many
wmii users that use debian stable outside of servers, but I know
plenty who use unstable (as attested to by the fact that three
people have already complained about this bug on the list), so
at least for now, I'm leaving a fix in place.

--
Kris Maglione
Real Programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up