Re: [dev] Re: [ANN] wmii 3.9.1 released

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:53:31 -0400

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 08:56:53PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's a bug in dash 0.5.6's job control where a SIGCHLD interrupts the
>> read loop,
>
>Why is anyone still writing scripts in bourne-derived shells? Just
>switch to rc and never look back, it will save you a huge amount of
>headaches and wasted time.
>
>It wasn't long ago that WMII just used rc for its scripting needs.

Because, as it so happens, I'm not a rabid idealogue. The rc
version is there, if people want it, but as it happens, most of
them choose bourne. I use rc for most of my own scripts, but I
don't especially want to force others into doing the same. And,
for that matter, the last time that wmii used just rc for its
scripting was around 8 years ago.

--
Kris Maglione
Please don't fall into the trap of believing that I am terribly