Re: [dev] [OT] glibc

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:51:43 +0200

I would love to have such lib usable for more than one kernel (w32, bsd,
osx, linux..)
this is theorically the big benefit of glibc.. but it is certainly
something i would love
to have..

NetBSD have a good Libc implementation, but it is not suckless.. I would
certainly
like to see something like a libc from scratch taking code from bionic
and netbsd
implementing the functions we need in order to run the software we use.

This code coverage can be easily done with some hooks in the PLT table,
so we
can reduce the number of C functions needed.

I would prefer to have a smart and small C library that follows POSIX,
but does not
implements it completely.

The kernel comunication must be done separatedly, so we can use this on
linux,
windows or plan9.