Re: [dev] Interesting post about X11

From: Alexander Teinum <ateinum_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:38:43 +0200

An OS built on a web browser doesn’t have to mean that the
applications are closed source. If you host the applications locally,
and use something like web sockets and Node.js to communicate with the
lower level stuff, you may end up with something that 1. uses web
technologies, 2. performs good, 3. is open.

I’m not sure if this is a good idea. I do think it’s the most
streamlined way to do it, since you’re most likely using the web
browser anyway. There was some talk about the idea of implementing a
suckless web browser engine in the other thread that’s 100 % standards
compliant. That could make a web-based terminal application almost as
snappy as xterm if done right.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 June 2010 12:13, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
>> http://julien.danjou.info/blog/2010.html#Thoughts%20and%20rambling%20on%20the%20X%20protocol
>
> This post proves once again that a new window system is what everyone
> is waiting for and that it's our opportunity to do that.

I’d love to see, or to be a part of that.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Teinum