Re: [dev] [ot] radare dumps core on macbook

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:36:38 -0400

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 09:17:10PM +0200, pancake wrote:
>This bug is related to only the debian package because of the
>build flags they use. Compiling without -O2 it works fine. The
>pb is that debian/ubuntu/.. ppl didnt got the updated package
>and they all use a broken binary.

The debian packagers have an annoying tendency to build
everything with -O2, even wmii. I usually use -O0 even for
releases since, it being IO bound, there's no point in
optimization. Even if there were, -O1 or -Os would be more than
sufficient. Other packagers are worse, though. Some of them go
out of their way to a) build a shared lib version of libixp, and
b) make wmii link dynamically against it.

--
Kris Maglione
Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted