Re: [dev] Presentation slides software

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:04:20 -0400

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:34:52PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
>I'm looking for a minimally sane way to generate presentation slides,
>ideally using something similar to markdown and capable of generating
>decent-looking html (and hopefully) pdf.
>
>I know about magicpoint, and I normally use the troff slides macros:
>http://repo.cat-v.org/troff-slider/
>
>But the generated HTML is rather messy, and fixing htmlroff is too much work.

Have you tried generating a PDF and using one of the PDF to HTML
converters? They tend to work fairly well with PDFs generated by
programs like troff, though I don't expect it'd be nearly as
clean as that generated by markdown. I use TeX myself, which has
some fairly good HTML generators these days.

--
Kris Maglione
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not