Re: [dev] libixp and wmii compile error

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:01:22 -0400

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 02:43:31PM +0200, Davide Anchisi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to compile wmii hg2749 (but the problem was there at least
>since hg2735+) under debian (using make deb), but I get the following
>error:
>
>wmii/cmd/wmiir.c:519: undefined reference to `ixp_version_135_required'
>
>I installed the last libixp from mercurial.

It means that you're linking against a different libixp version
than the header you're compiling against. Either you've got a
stale header floating around or you need to run 'make clean' or
'make depend' and build again.

>I also notice that despite the presence of a debian folder in the
>libixp folder, there is no rule in the Makefile to use 'make deb' to
>build a .deb package.

I'll add one, but all you have to do is run
'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b'

--
Kris Maglione
Fashion is something barbarous, for it produces innovation without