Re: [dev] Presentation slides software

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:19:57 -0400

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 06:30:30PM +0200, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
>Kris Maglione dixit (2010-06-29, 11:04):
>
>> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:34:52PM +0200, Uriel wrote:
>> >I'm looking for a minimally sane way to generate presentation slides,
>> >ideally using something similar to markdown and capable of generating
>> >decent-looking html (and hopefully) pdf.
>> >
>> >I know about magicpoint, and I normally use the troff slides macros:
>> >http://repo.cat-v.org/troff-slider/
>> >
>> >But the generated HTML is rather messy, and fixing htmlroff is too much work.
>>
>> Have you tried generating a PDF and using one of the PDF to HTML
>> converters? They tend to work fairly well with PDFs generated by
>> programs like troff, though I don't expect it'd be nearly as clean
>> as that generated by markdown. I use TeX myself, which has some
>> fairly good HTML generators these days.
>
>Would that be hand-crafted TeX or a set of macros like LaTeX beamer [1]?

I usually use Beamer. Plain-TeX gets the job done, but Beamer is
a lot faster and rather more convenient if you need to do things
like generating outlines. You just have to be careful to stay
away from the shinier Powerpont-esque features.

--
Kris Maglione
Losing one glove / is certainly painful, / but nothing / compared to