Re: [dev] pertag and bstack patches to dwm incompatible

From: Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:14:01 -0400

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM, <u_AT_netbeisser.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 02:44:42AM +0200, Aur?lien Aptel wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > I'm an old-timer, very familiar with rcs and cvs and just a bit
> > > with svn. No git, no hg.)
> > > /Don
> >
> > Read this really nice tutorial : http://hginit.com
>
> so I think, his "hg pull" behaved like "cvs up", which is very annoying too
> in case of commits. (when you do it before)

So far, I'm getting nowhere with hg, despite the suggestions for how to
proceed. I think I need to RTFM, starting with the tutorial suggested above.
I would like to point out again, however, that Andrew grossly underestimated
the overhead involved here, making the mistake of assuming that I knew what
he knows. I'll get it fixed (I've used cvs for years and if you can do that
and still type complete sentences, learning hg should not be that much of a
problem), but it will take a bit of reading.

/Don