Re: [dev] [wmii] Between tiling and floating

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:58:26 -0700

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:17 AM, LuX <lux.onthenet_AT_free.fr> wrote:
> I am wondering if it would be possible:
>
> 1) to increase dynamically the width of the focused column of a given
> percentage, say;

You can do this now by reading /event and growing/shrinking the client
in first column accordingly.

> 2) or otherwise to make the focused column overlap the others of a
> given percentage while the others columns keep the same width.

You can keep the overlapping client in the floating area and use
wmii-2 style detaching (replace its tags with something, say "|") and
attaching (replace first client's tags in the, say "|", view with
current tag) actions to bring the overlapping client into your view
when you need it. Here is an example from my wmiirc:

http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/blob/master/control/action/detach.yaml
http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/blob/master/control/keyboard/common/detach.yaml