Re: [dev] [wmii] Between tiling and floating

From: LuX <lux.onthenet_AT_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 01:20:59 +0200

Hi!

On lun., juil. 26, 2010 at 11:58:26 -0700, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:17 AM, LuX <lux.onthenet_AT_free.fr> wrote:
> > 1) to increase dynamically the width of the focused column of a given
> > percentage, say;
>
> You can do this now by reading /event and growing/shrinking the client
> in first column accordingly.

Yes, I guess this should be possible.

> > 2) or otherwise to make the focused column overlap the others of a
> > given percentage while the others columns keep the same width.
>
> You can keep the overlapping client in the floating area and use
> wmii-2 style detaching (replace its tags with something, say "|") and
> attaching (replace first client's tags in the, say "|", view with
> current tag) actions to bring the overlapping client into your view
> when you need it.

???

> Here is an example from my wmiirc:
>
> http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/blob/master/control/action/detach.yaml
> http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/blob/master/control/keyboard/common/detach.yaml

Thank you for the links, but honestly I don't understand them. I only
have some basic notions of programming, in bash for example, but not
in Ruby. I would prefer a solution not using yet-another-language. Is
it possible to "translate" your hint in a simpler way?

On lun., juil. 26, 2010 at 12:40:53 +0200, Thomas Dahms wrote:
> You might try subtle [..] And you have to like Ruby.

Maybe I will give it a try, but I really like wmii hence I would
prefer to keep with it if possible… and I don't know anything about
Ruby.

Thank you for your help, though.

LuX.