Re: [dev] [wmii] Between tiling and floating

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:19:39 -0400

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 12:06:18AM +0200, LuX wrote:
>I tried right this without success. For example the single command:
> wmiir read /tag/sel/index | awk '$2 == ENVIRON["area"] { print $4; exit }'
>answers nothing (empty string) which is not good, I suppose.
>Thank you very much for the hint anyway. I get the idea, so now I
>should find a way.

That's strange. I haven't tested it, but that much, at least
works for me. Well, at least it does from my shell with
'export area=1'

>By the way, is there a documentation available for the wi_* functions?
>I didn't find them in /usr/share/doc/wmii/wmii.pdf.

No, they're defined in wmii.sh and are generally simple enough
to be clear without documentation (with a few exceptions like
wi_events and wi_fnmenu). I'll add documentation to wmii.sh in
the near future, though.

>> Can't say that I like the idea much myself, but to each his own.
>
>His own… screen, you mean? On the 15" screen I had during my
>hollidays, I can swear that such a feature would have been very
>convenient.

Perhaps, but I've used 15" monitors in the past and have never
seen the need, though I've tended to avoid using multiple
columns in that case.

--
Kris Maglione
Real Programmers don't believe in schedules.  Planners make up