Re: [dev] Re: [wmii] wimenu custom completion

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 05:34:43 -0400

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 05:39:12PM +0100, Connor Lane Smith wrote:
>I share Anselm's opinion that if you want to execute a more complex
>command, you can just open a terminal. It's important to remember that
>dmenu is a menu: you select items. The fact that you can append
>arbitrary arguments is just a very fortunate byproduct of its
>filter-by-input design.

I don't agree. Even from the outset, when it was wmiimenu, one
of the main purposes of dmenu was to input new data, such as tag
names. Even now, it's the primary input method for surf, used
for constructing complex strings like URLs ex nihilo.

--
Kris Maglione
Programming X Windows is like trying to find the square root of Pi