Re: [dev][wmii] wimenu custom completion

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 05:38:28 -0400

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 12:34:41AM +0200, LuX wrote:
>On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:19:52 -0400, Kris Maglione wrote:
>> if you're looking for a start, this is the above modified to (crudely)
>> complete a command and then files in the current directory
>
>This second variant is fantastic! It allows me to select a command
>with wimenu, add some options, find a file in the directory treeā€¦ it
>does everything. In addition I used for the -h option of wimenu simply
>$HOME/bash_history, so that the bash history is available from wimenu
>and conversely.

I'm glad that it helped.

>The only little thing it was missing, in my opinion, was the ability
>to display hidden files when I put a '.' at the beginning of a file
>name. Thus I modified it in order to do so (see below).

For someone who's not a programmer, that's rather good work. I
suspect that you probably underrate your ability to write the
patches mentioned above. People tend to think programming is a
lot harder than it is. I would suggest, though, that you use
cmd/lcmd instead of opt/lopt, or otherwise pass it as an
argument rather than using the global value.

--
Kris Maglione
I just hate to be pushed around by some fucking machine.