Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: Chidambaram Annamalai <quantumelixir_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:44:03 +0530

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:

> On 11 August 2010 19:15, Chidambaram Annamalai <quantumelixir_AT_gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Interesting. May I ask what languages you are familiar with?
>
> C, Python, and Java, mostly, with some Ruby, Vala, Awk, etc on the
> side. I've just never had a reason to learn C++, really.

I wanted to learn Clojure some time back, Clojure being a nice functional
language that also parallelizes easily (given that the code can be
parallelized). I still consider my abilities lacking because of not being
able to implement concurrently executing code in the languages I know.
Project Euler seems like a nice place to start if I wanted to learn
Clojure.. :)

Coming to think of it, I never had a reason to learn C++ too. We were forced
to learn it in school and it stuck. Actually we had a choice between C++ and
biology and I thought I knew better ;)

--chillu