Re: [dev] nscript - a little stack-based scripting language interpretter I wrote

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:35:12 +0200

  On 08/25/10 17:29, Nikhilesh S wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, pancake wrote:
>
>> Wow! pretty fun :)
>>
>> I encourage you to make the nstest program smarter by removing help
>> messages, prompts and others and just keep the read-eval-print loop.
>
> I think I will make it build two programs - nsrepl and nstest
> separately.

why not 'ns'? is there any other program with this name?

i dont think nstest can be good for anything. the ns code can be in a
external file test.ns and then you can run it via 'ns'

$ ns < t/test.ns

unless you want to show how to bind C functions to 'nscript', i would
prefer not to have 'nstest' program.

hg clone http://hg.youterm.com/sal

> Ok, I've implemented this, check the latest git update. You can now use
> both '"' and ''' for strings.

good! but i think that it will be better to have a single way to define
strings. it makes the parser simpler and the syntax more consistent.
which char do you prefer? because if you can escape chars i think '"' is
better than '''. In the other side. I see ''' more to enclose chars than
strings. Is there a way to get the ascii code of a string? or to get the
Nth char of a string? it will be good to have some lisp functions on it.
functional programming is fun(ctional) :)

> Thanks for your other suggestions! They are interesting ideas. I will
> get back to them soon, and 'anonymous', your suggestions too.
I will test it again tonight and give you some more hints :)

--pancake