Re: [dev] nscript - a little stack-based scripting language interpretter I wrote

From: Nikhilesh S <s.nikhilesh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:29:11 +0300 (AST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, pancake wrote:

> Wow! pretty fun :)
>
> I encourage you to make the nstest program smarter by removing help messages,
> prompts and others and just keep the read-eval-print loop.

I think I will make it build two programs - nsrepl and nstest
separately.

> About the language I find it quite nice as in syntax. I wrote a similar
> virtual machine in 'sal' but it end up being a little messy and close to raw
> assembly than fortran.

Thanks for your good comments! Can 'sal' be found on the web somewhere?

> Here'r my thoughts:
>
> * I would probably prefer '"' quote char for strings.

Ok, I've implemented this, check the latest git update. You can now use
both '"' and ''' for strings.

Thanks for your other suggestions! They are interesting ideas. I will
get back to them soon, and 'anonymous', your suggestions too.

--
Nikhilesh S
http://www.nikhilesh.info