Re: [dev] nscript - a little stack-based scripting language interpretter I wrote

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:54:37 +0200

  Wow! pretty fun :)

I encourage you to make the nstest program smarter by removing help
messages, prompts and others and just keep the read-eval-print loop.

About the language I find it quite nice as in syntax. I wrote a similar
virtual machine in 'sal' but it end up being a little messy and close to
raw assembly than fortran.

Here'r my thoughts:

* I would probably prefer '"' quote char for strings.
* Remove 'code' in nstest.c and put it as a testcase t/test
* function to execute commands in shell and get output in stack
* floating point support (append '.' or 'f' to each basic math op +. ,
-. ...)
* Onechar and line input reading
* format string implementation (maybe)
* type check functions (how can I know the type of the last element in
the stack?
* I will probably swap the order of the conditional clauses: (what do
you think about it)
     3 3 == { 'Is equal duppy\n' print } if
   -->
    { 'Is equal duppy\n' print } 3 3 == if

Congratz for the code, it can be cleaned up, but the LOC and use is
impressive. I really enjoy it.

--pancake