Re: [dev] libdraw development

From: Anders Andersson <pipatron_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:32:28 +0200

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz_AT_port70.net> wrote:
>>>[snip]
>>> the name could have been chosen with more care, but sane names
>>> are usually taken
>>
>> Except that in this case the name is both insane *and* already taken
>> by a sane library.
>
> well let's just name this one libsane
>

> wait, that's taken.  well it's an X lib so how about libxsane
>
> wait

Since this library doesn't seem to have much to do with drawing
anyway, I fail to see why it should pollute the already taken and very
generic 'libdraw'.

As far as I have seen from sporadically following this thread is that
this is a library that tries to solve a personal issue for the author
(writing text on a PDA/phone?). Since it can't draw stuff but insist
on handling clipboards, maybe the name should reflect that.