[dev] Problem starting wmii with fresh ruby github wmiirc

From: Armando Di Cianno <armando_AT_goodship.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:31:27 -0500

I have a fresh Ubuntu 10.10 install, and compiled and installed the
tarball of wmii 3.9.2 via 'make deb' and dpkg.

When using the default sh wmiirc, I have to manually set WMII_CONFPATH
to ~/.wmii, or it tries writing to "/.wmii/foo". I set this in my
~/.bashrc, which does make it into my environment

I followed sunaku's directions on the github wmiirc ruby page. I've
used wmii on gentoo before, but wanted to get a setup going on Ubuntu
before I started before modding stuff. However, while the window
manager is running and managing windows, I don't get the menu. I've
installed 'suckless-tools' package as well, in case it was trying to
use dmenu.

I thought that (for the same reason as WMII_CONFPATH) I might have to
define WMII_NAMESPACE explicitly, but that doesn't seem to help.

So ... help! Ideas?

Cheers,
__armando