Re: [dev] [slock] Linux-PAM support

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:45:54 +0000

Hey,

On 16 November 2010 17:33, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> and I hope to god people one day stop cramming 'features'
> into simple software.  I'm talking to you, dmenu

If someone has a use case for something it makes sense to make a
patch. One of the benefits of our simple software is that it's very
easy to tinker with, so if you need a feature you just put it in.
Mainline is like rice, and if people want more they can add spices or
maybe some chicken. This metaphor isn't working out so good, but
hopefully it gets the point across: as long as it's just an optional
patch, people adding features is brilliant. 'Cause only those who want
to need to add the cumin.

cls