Re: [dev] wmii freezes momentarily and regularly

From: Eitan Goldshtrom <thesourceofx_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:03:20 -0500

Okay so I don't know why but apparently it isn't freezing on me anymore.
I remember the freezing starting when I tried connecting to my network
at home -- I'm no longer at home. Either way Wicd isn't going to work
here because we have a TTLS-PAP connection and I didn't see support for
that in Wicd. Now I'm having trouble with wpa_supplicant. I read up on
it after you mentioned it and it looks great, but when I try to run
wpa_gui it gives me an error that it can't find the status of
wpa_supplicant. I read on the forums about starting the wpa_supplicant
service but when I run

$ service --status-all

it returns a list with no 'wpa_supplicant' on it. Anyone know how to fix
this? I know I have something wpa_supplicant related because there are
all these cli commands:

wpa_action
wpa_cli
wpa_gui