Re: [dev] dwm battery level alarm system

From: Danilo Bargen <gezuru_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:57:36 +0100

Hi

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Peter John Hartman
<peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> acpid

Thanks for your answer. acpid is a good idea, as it also works when
dwm hasn't been started. But it only solves the problem of detecting
low battery, not of the way of alarming. In your script, you're
directly suspending your laptop, I would like a warning some time
before that.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Check the 'simple monitors' page at dwm.suckless.org for a battery percentage display. It doesn't blink or any silly crap like that, though.

I'm already using a battery notification. I keep forgetting to look at
it... Thanks anyways.

Also thanks Antoni for your idea, looks interesting too. But I think I
just found another solution. As I'm using a Thinkpad laptop, I'll just
start flashing the Thinklight-LED[1]. Should be enough to draw my
attention to it :)

Cheers
Danilo

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinkLight