Re: [dev] dwm battery level alarm system

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:08:55 +0000

On 1/26/11, Danilo Bargen <gezuru_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Also thanks Antoni for your idea, looks interesting too. But I think I
> just found another solution. As I'm using a Thinkpad laptop, I'll just
> start flashing the Thinklight-LED[1]. Should be enough to draw my
> attention to it :)
The firmware on my Dell Vostro laptop flashes a battery-shaped icon
with a lightning symbol red when I'm low on battery, and I've dried my
battery almost nonetheless.

Now, I plug it into a renewable energy source, albeit indirectly,
whenever I can and reserve my batteries for traveling. My firmware
seems to continuously cycle electricity through a battery when plugged
in, so I tend to store them on my elexhelf (below my entangled
wire-forest).