[dev] Config files

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 11:19:57 +0000

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on a project which uses various db
credentials. I had been using a simple config.h with
defines, and including it. However, then I created a shell
script which needs the same credentials, so I created a very
similar config.sh file.

So now I have duplication of config details. It would also
be nice to have config info elsewhere than compiled into the
binary, so I can move it to systems with different
credentials easily.

So, what's a good, simple format to store config files?
Obviously XML is pretty gross. So, what do people here tend
to do?

Nick