[dev] dwm: monocle view

From: Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:08:59 +0000

attached mail follows:

I found that in monocle layout there is some confusing behaviour of dwm:

        In tiled layout the previous opened window is always under the freshly
        opened one (hit alt+shift+enter to get new terminal window and then
        your previously focused window is under alt+j - one below in the
        stack).

However, this is not always the case in monocle layout.

        For example if you change the layout from tailed to monocle, and then
        after possible moves around using alt+j, alt+k, then open new
        window and the previous window (the one under alt+j) is always the one
        that was in the main area in the tailed layout. This is quite confusing when
        using alt+j or alt+k after changing the layout from tailed to
        monocle.

After some experiments, it seems to me that the previous window is the
main area window not the one that had focus, and the main area window
is not altered in the monocle layout.

Best regards,
Marcin Szamotulski