Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:23:26 +0100

On 4 Apr 2011, at 9:10 am, Antoni Grzymala wrote:

> In my standard X environment most programs accept the convention, that
> MMB *and* shift-insert insert the selection, while whichever program
> supports the clipboard it has some clipboard shortcut (and those two
> do not overlap).

I just tested with 2 Gtk apps - mousepad (XFCE editor) and Opera. In
both, shift-insert inserts the clipboard not the selection. I don't
know whether to say "some standard" or hate on Gtk.

  Shift-insert does insert the selection in rxvt, at least, but it
would be much more useful to me if it inserted the clipboard as Opera
doesn't change the selection if you select with the keyboard or copy
a link.

This selection business is all FUBARED, and I blame Gtk in the first
place for not doing applying any rational thought to the situation
more than 10 years ago.