Re: [dev] [dwm] devilspie doesn't work

From: Al Gest <himselfe_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 21:04:24 +0100

You know what's great? freedom of choice. You know what sucks? People
telling you what you're allowed to do with the software you use. Is
this suckmore or suckless?

While I have no love for transparency given that the majority of
transparency features in desktop environments are superfluous and
counteract functionality, I also respect and support the right to
freedom of choice. Being told how I should use the software I use is
the exact opposite of the reason I turn to solutions such as suckless
software.

You may hate transparency, and that is your opinion and choice, but
berating other people for wanting to experiment isn't a constructive
pastime. If people aren't free to experiment for themselves, how will
they ever truly learn what works well and what doesn't?

If people were obnoxiously stating that suckless software should have
fancy fluff feature X implemented in vanilla then I could somewhat
understand the vitriol, but I really don't see the point of foaming at
the mouth and making yourselves look like complete jackasses every
time the word transparency is merely mentioned.