Re: [dev] dwm

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:38:00 -0400

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM, <M1kes_AT_web.de> wrote:
> well..incorrect :) there is no public definition of a dyn. wm which
> says this features shouldn't be present..so if i'm saying "this
> feature should be present" to make it a usable dyn. this is my
> opinion :)

and I'm not trying to define 'dynamic window manager' in the general
case. I'm explaining to you why your workflow is incompatible with
dwm.

> i'm not just using 1 tab, in average i'm using 5 tabs
> and there are situations where i want a 3rd smaller terminal
> in a tag displayed in the bigger column constantly and not just
> by maximising it (where i cant see the other 2 windows) or
> setting it to a different tag. in dwm i have would have to think
> about "which terminal to use for which purpose and how much
> space do i need" because there is no way to change de ordering
> of terminals in a tag an easy way or just maximise a window by
> "stacking".

I can't make any of this make sense. If you want to reorder windows,
there's mod1+return. If you want a different layout, you can patch
that in. I suspect you're using five tags total and not
simultaneously... in which case you're misusing dwm.

> @Anders
> the problem is i like wmii :)

this is not a problem. fix wmii. don't try to turn dwm into it.

--
# Kurt H Maier