Re: [dev] TermKit

From: Benjamin R. Haskell <suckless_AT_benizi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:23:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Andrew Hills wrote:

> Thanks for the Perl-readability tip.

No prob.

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
>> Don't have `tac` installed? (I think it's in linux-utils or
>> core-utils, but maybe it's linux- and/or GNU-centric.)
>
> I do most of my work on Solaris, and it's not really worth the effort
> to install tac to use it in one place.

Agreed. I might drop the substitute I listed into ~/.zsh/autoload/tac
(can't live w/o syncing at least my shell startup files to systems I
use).

The wikipedia article on `tac` (first result when googling to see if it
was indeed linux-specific) mentioned `tail -r` as a possible substitute.

Anyone know what `tail`s support '-r' ( == reverse? )? or more
generally, anyone have a good reference for differences in common
commands across posix-like O/S'es?

--
Best,
Ben