Re: [dev] sbase

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 01:58:52 +0100

On 23 May 2011 19:53, Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a gripe about the fread() business - I have to hit ^D twice
> before eof is reported - the first ^D causes fread() to return non-zero,
> with text I entered previously, the second ^D causes fread() to return 0.
> Probably not a major problem but here's a patch if anyone's interested.

I wonder why this behaves differently to read(). Any ideas?

> Also rm.c

Thanks. I've modified it slightly to avoid having to get the cwd,
since that opens a can of worms. (In short, POSIX makes it literally
impossible ensure that you've got the entire path.)

> I've never ever found a use for -f, it's just a
> pain having rm prompt me, so I've assumed an always present -f. Stick it
> in if you're going for posix or whatever though.

I agree, though I've added -f as a null flag, so it's ignored but
doesn't cause an error either, since scripts quite sensibly use -f.

> UK, right? Up late coding even with exams, I'm impressed.

I can't help it, I think I code obsessively. :p

> Finally, I have an editor in the works, unfinished, but I plan to show
> you lot at some point though</vapourware>.

Looking forward to it. imo we need a new editor...

Thanks,
cls