Re: Playing music (was: Re: [dev] mret)

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 15:13:25 +0000

On 5/26/11, hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hmm. How do you "buffer linewise"?
I knew that everything worked fine on sane ttys, but I just don't
understand how FIFOs are buffered and thus not what happened if you
tried to read from a pipe with less than 512 bytes written to it. I'm
back on Linux, and it seems to Just Work(tm), so just ignore it.

P.S. There was a typo in my previous email, here is the script as to
be run inside a single bash session. Drop the &/dev/null& if you run
this in a separate terminal. Killing mplayer will skip to the next
song. For anything more fancy, you'll probably want to connect a FIFO
to xargs' input.

 find -type f -print0 | shuf -z | xargs -0n1 mplayer -slave -quiet &>/dev/null&