Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [dev] suckless wget/curl

From: Dave Reisner <d_AT_falconindy.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 19:56:40 -0400

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 01:54:44AM +0200, Eckehard Berns wrote:
> > Except [...] it doesn't work for every site, it seems. I'll probably
> > work out why when I have more time.
>
> Might be chunked transfer encoding. At least that was the first thing
> that came to mind looking at your code.
>
> > Still, I thought it was cute.
>
> Yes, I actually liked it. Chunked transfer encoding might make coding
> wget with netcat and the shell impossible though.

I'm sure I'll get hated for this, but it's entirely possible to read
chunked transfer with shell. I wrote a stupid proof of concept AUR agent
in bash which handles keep-alives and chunked/gzip encoded data -- the
only other dependencies are dd and gzip, and optionally yajl (for
formatting jsons).

https://github.com/falconindy/bin-scripts/blob/master/orb

Perhaps this will inspire someone...

dave