Re: [dev] Sandy editor

From: John Matthewman <jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:22:08 +0700

On 6/1/11, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> and this is why im telling why modal editor is necessary if we dont want
> to fall into a emacs-like hell.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's necessary -- or that not
going modal will result in falling into an Emacs-like hell. Isn't the
goal a simple, little editor? We just have to work within the
limitations that we have (the number of keys that actions can be bound
to). I'm sure all of the most important things can be covered in the
default binding configuration. And users will have the option to add
their own bindings -- even bindings using the Meta key if they want --
or change the default bindings to suit their tastes.

John