Re: [dev] Suckless Smartphone?

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:39:46 +0000

On 6/5/11, ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org> wrote:
> On 06-05 19:08, hiro wrote:
>> The "best" "smart" phones maintain 24/7 connections to icq, msn,
>> yahoo, irc, google mail, exchange, facebook, twitter and regularly
>> download all subscribed rss feeds and podcasts to always keep you "up
>> to date".
>
> I actually only want a Browser and a usable Terminal with an SSH-Client.

MidpSSH and Opera Mini run on Nokia 2630. I uninstalled the ssh client
for music as the phone only has 4MiB out of the box, but it installed
and run fine - but you'll probably want to overcome your Javaphobia,
if any, to make it read the keys from where you want as it seems to
autogenerate a keyring on the phone and not read public server keys
from disk.