Re: [dev] PATCH for/back navigation with xprop

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:25:53 +0000

On 6/6/11, Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:
> most understandable! Seriously though, adding a single extra string match
> isn't going to make much difference, nothing like whatever Gtk+ 2 does. I
> wouldn't be surprised if the entire window-matching list of a large FVWM
> config fit in 1 page of virtual memory, and the window manager as a whole
> was designed to use little memory. For a long time it used much less than
> TWM. As I said it ran smoothly on an 8MB 486.

I wasn't thinking of a single string match, but a string match for
about every application that maps a window. But then again, it ran
smoothly on 8MB 486, so my concerns should be disregarded as an
unreasonable suckphobia. And if having this in the WM is really of
more value than having it in the clients' binaries, than power to the
user.