Re: [dev] [dwm] Multiple tag sets

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:06:26 +0000

On 6/10/11, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> Nobody ever tried xi2. Which is what you need to do this.
XI2 seems like a generally useful thing. So I the XInput driver should
create a master device for each touch, and dwm should take note as to
what tags are currently being pressed. Am I overcomplicating my UI?
Nobody's going to read a manual prior to using a kiosk (which is why I
chose dwm+touchscreen in the first place).

> I wrote a simple patch to make dwm a bit more touchscreen friendly.. But it
> was a hack and i only recommend to rrad it to get ideas
That would make an interesting read, where is the patch?

Then I'll need to complicate toggleview and ISVISIBLE somewhat to keep
multiple tagsets applied, displaying only clients matching all of them
(instead of the seltags switching bound to Alt-Tab).

P.S. God, how readable dwm.c would be without multiple monitor support.