Re: [dev] Experimental editor

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:55:47 +0100

On 10 June 2011 14:42, Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like it's been decided that X is the way to go, but before any
> code is implemented, I thought I'd just stick my oar in - what if we
> were to keep to the terminal and open a connection to an X server, if
> available, and simply query the modifier key states when reading a key?

Having thought about this, I don't think it would be a good idea.
Terminals are restrictive for more reasons than their keyboard input,
tbh.

I've been working on a minimalist UTF-8 library for the editor, based
on Plan 9's libutf, except designed for native Unix, with support for
Unicode beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane, and without the
vulnerabilities on 64-bit systems. I'm not sure if I should release it
separately as well?

Thanks,
cls