Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:20:13 +0100

On 12 June 2011 10:53, Nicolai Waniek <rochus_AT_rochus.net> wrote:
> Quite the opposite, that they could not detect any difference.

So uh, not *quite* the opposite.

I'm willing to believe people have a higher reading speed with
black-on-white, though I suspect this is in part because that's how we
read the vast majority of the time. However, especially when I'm
tired, I can *feel* my eyes strain against the brightness (and if you
lower the brightness you get an unreadable grey-on-grey). We may be
good at reading black-on-white, but perhaps not black-on-fluorescent.

It's possible I'm an outlier, being almost blind in one eye, but I
doubt that has much of an effect in this case.

Thanks,
cls