Re: [dev] does anyone else think that suckless.org is more about bare-bones minimalism than unix philosophy

From: Andreas Wagner <andreasbwagner_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:12:35 -0400

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 09:38:26AM -0400, Andreas Wagner wrote:
>> I just think the principles of composition and as a result modularity
>> and separation are being neglected.
>
> Can you give some examples of where you see this in
> suckless.org's software?

The biggest example is the huge number of patches for dwm, dmenu, surf
etc. I agree that these features should not be included in the core
software, but naturally these patches often do not work anymore and
cannot be used together. IMHO many of these should be organized into
very small non-overlapping programs that can be used together.