Re: [dev] Microsoft considers harmful...

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:55:37 -0400

AS a web developer, I'll +1 Kurt on this one. The doctype bullshit is gone, and
we now FINALLY have a "one version to bind them". XHTML vs HTML is
stupid as hell. We finally get a modern, "all in one" solution that doesn't
require the XML bullshit that XHTML 1.0 needs. Granted - there's some shit
in there I don't want in there - but I'll just stay away when I'm developing.

Let's face it - the web is no longer focused on Gopher-like information
presentation and gathering any longer. Live with it.