[dev] Re: The Apollo Display Manager [very long]

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:02:29 +0100

On 25 June 2011 00:56, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> allowing the user to quickly alter the text and then hit M-!, running
> all the commands.

Ignore this bit, on second thoughts I think the hold mechanism is
nicer -- it's just as fast, and conceptually simpler.

One question remaining is where we keep the transcript for commands
activated through keybinds. Do we keep a read-only meta-buffer
available for each window, into which you can type only by holding
Meta, and otherwise you have to go to a proper command window? How did
Apollo solve this problem, if at all?

cls