Re: [dev] Simple application launcher?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 12:44:25 +0200

Hello,

John Matthewman wrote:
>> [0] http://git.r-36.net/thingmenu/
>
> Thanks, it looks like thingmenu will do just what I need. But one
> question: Is there any chance an option could be added to produce a
> horizontal menu?

in the today's release of thingmenu 0.6[0], a horizontal layout
is added (-o) and some option, which prevents a "Cancel" item to
be appended (-x). See the newly created manpage for detailed des-
cription.

I'd also like to announce, that thinglaunch[1] has now reached
version 2.4, which adds a manpage and so makes it a proper pro-
ject. Thinglaunch is a simple prompter for X11.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann

[0] http://git.r-36.net/thingmenu/
[1] http://git.r-36.net/thinglaunch/