Re: [dev] Re: Cleanup of (hg.)suckless.org

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:55:45 +0100

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:28:06 +0200
hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:

> He's deep into troll recruiting too.
> Everyone on this list seems to have learned how to troll on a wholly
> different level. Different to catch and way more fun.
> Yay for the crusade against Technical arguments.

If it's so different, is it still trolling? Just wondering.

As for the thread subject, I am slightly surprised by the existence of both surf and st. I'm not particularly against them, I can see *some* point to them both, but... I can't see any pride in maintaining them, other than from a fairly narrow perspective. Take Surf for example. Leaving off the interface isn't going to change the fact that the JavaScript in a deviantArt page uses a third of a gigabyte of memory, and I'm almost sure I could configure Opera to display no interface by default. At least the people working on Opera get paid to deal with Web "technology".