Re: [dev] [dwm] visible only if needed [patch]

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:23:22 +0100

On 4 July 2011 14:19, Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:
> Note that drawsquare() is not only used for showing if a
> tag is used by clients but also to indicate floating clients in the
> titlebar so your patch removes that also.

The patch also makes it impossible to see which tags the focused
client is tagged with. That's a pretty big drop in usability imo. I
would rather dwm only displayed the visible tags, and that would clear
up some confusion wrt how tags work, but I'd prefer it if the current
focused client's tags were signified with a filled square, and other
visible clients with an empty square. The squares would have a
slightly different meaning (invisible clients would just result in the
tag's being shown), but I think that would work well.

cls