Re: [dev] [dwm] visible only if needed [patch]

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 15:19:12 +0200

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM, julien steinhauser
<skls_AT_alternametz.org> wrote:
> Code from Hiltjo Posthuma and Jeremiah Dow ( with minor add ) is merged in this patch.
> The behaviour is :
>
> - border is shown when one sees more than one client.
> - tags are shown when they are viewed or when clients are labelled with them.
>
> drawsquare is removed.
>
> As i don't know C, please say anything i could have messed up
> while playing with the code.

Some parts (visible tag part) of this seem to indeed be from my
personal branch of dwm (dwm-hiltjo). I'm not sure if you intended it
as an upstream patch, but most people probably won't like it in
upstream dwm. Note that drawsquare() is not only used for showing if a
tag is used by clients but also to indicate floating clients in the
titlebar so your patch removes that also. I personally don't like
hiding the border if there is only one client, it saves only a few
negligable pixels and makes the code a bit more complex and
inconsistent. If you didnt intended it as an upstream patch then all
is good :)

---
Kind regards,
Hiltjo